Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hancock---Movie, not Founding Father

I loved the first 45 minutes or so of this movie. The bum superhero getting a PR agent (Smith and Bateman are excellent in their roles)---good stuff. Then the plot takes a dive. (I know they had to bring on a bigger conflict to take the movie to a climax, but man, I wish they'd found another way.) To make a long story short, after what I would call an egregiously bad plot twist, the film pretty much loses most of its appeal. Still, I highly recommend the beginning. I think this movie was almost a classic.

1 comment:

Brian Hansen said...

I agree that the plot twist was seriously lame. I have to say though, that it wasn't that good for me before then anyway. I agree that the PR training moments were funny. I guess I just don't like a 'Jerk' superhero. It's not that I don't like a main character with big flaws, but I just found that there was very little to like about Hancock, and he never really overcame himself to my satisfaction.