Saturday, June 13, 2009

Up!

One of the headlines I saw for this movie read "Pixar does it again". If it weren't for the first twenty minutes of this movie, I'd say that headline sums it up pretty well. I like Pixar. I think they make terrific movies and most of this movie was as good as anything Pixar had ever done, but the first twenty minutes are downright spectacular. The opening sequence for this film is so good! We're talking "It's a Wonderful Life" good. I was absolutely enchanted. The rest of the movie was a ton of fun with some bits that choked me up because they referred back to the first twenty minutes. I would absolutely recommend that any and everybody rush out and see this movie right away.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I couldn't agree more! :)

Laurie said...

My favorite Pixar. You're right. It did have all the humor and fun we've come to expect from Pixar. But what set it apart for me me was the way the way it combined the heart; the tender portrayal of love and loss. And you never felt emotionally manipulated because it was done so sincerely -and so simply. I don't think many movies manage to pull that off.