Friday, May 9, 2008

Some Quick, Somewhat Random Reviews

Gone With the Wind (book) - Excellent
Gone With the Wind (movie) - Excellent
A Tale of Two Cities -Excellent
Hop on Pop - Good for target audience, redundant for reader, but full of good rhymes
Dr. Seuss's ABC - Wonderful intro to literature
The Sneetches - Enjoyable to target audience with benefit of good social commentary
Guernica - overrated
The Exploration of the Colorado River - Dull, but Dan likes it
Hamlet - Excellent
All's Well that Ends Well - Not Will's best work
Huckleberry Finn - Excellent
Tom Sawyer- Pretty Good
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - Excellent
Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey - Bogus, but for one redeeming moment involving the Grim Reaper and Battleship
Starry Night - Excellent
Father and Son (Cat Stevens) - Excellent
Dog is Doughnut (Cat Stevens) - Not Cat's finest
Our Town - Waste of Time
Cyrano - Excellent
Cyrano, the musical on the old record - Excellent
The Ballad of Davy Crocket - Excellent
The Swamp Fox - Excellent
Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban - Excellent
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Okay
Where the Red Fern Grows -Excellent
Return of the Native - Poopy
Wuthering Heights - Excellent
Dracula - Disappointing
The Brothers Karamozov - Excellent
The Phantom Menace - A Travesty
Hellboy -Surprisingly Enjoyable
The Day After Tomorrow - You get what you expect
The Raven -Excellent
One Hundred Years of Solitude - A strange experience
Jesu, Joy of Man's Desire - Excellent
Barney's Sand Castle - So-so
The Pop-up Book of Phobias - Excellent
The Green Mile (book, not movie) - Excellent
It - Don't Waste Your Time
Raising Arizona - Excellent
Dr. Strangelove - Excellent
First Knight - Oh. That was horrible.
Sommersby (sp?) - Speaking of Richard Gere, that was awful too
The Original Large Painting of a Rainy City I got at the D.I. -Excellent
Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun - You will be reborn.

Obviously, this list neglects many important works, good and bad. It is just a sampling.




2 comments:

Megan said...

haha! Angie, I had to laugh at how often we agreed on these works! So funny! Your reviews are great.

Debra Christiansen Jacobson said...

I'm so glad that you and I can disagree on so many things (like Dr. Strangelove which you, Dan and Kris love and made me watch!) and yet still be the best of friends. I love that about us!
One of these days I'll actually get around to reading the copy of One Hundred Years of Solitude you gave me. I do dearly love The Pop-up Book of Nightmares you gave me (you give the best gifts, you know).

"The Original Large Painting of a Rainy City I got at the D.I. -Excellent" I agree 100%!!! It ROCKS! Remember when you and Jennie got all mad at me when I said it was creepy?! I said it was creepy in a GOOD WAY! I love that painting! lol