Saturday, May 24, 2008

Jim Henson's The Frog Prince


Good, clean entertainment for children and adults, this is one of my favorite productions from Jim Henson. It is hilarious. You've gotta love the dim-witted, but well meaning King, who delivers my favorite line, "I don't understand any of this, but it seems to be ending well." This film also introduces the wonderful character with whom you may be familiar from other muppet movies, Sweetums. You will also be treated to many fun songs, one of which has the truly great lyrics, "Sweetums, lay your ugly head down upon your wretched bed...Sweetums is so sweet and cute, go to bed, you stupid brute." And there is also the added bonus of Prince Robin's awesome hair. If you haven't seen this, you need to be enlightened. You can find a copy used on amazon.com.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Dover said...

I love this movie! I had a record of it as a Child which I turned into a tape and now I have turned it into a MP3. The music is great from it too. If you bring your MP3 you can download it from my computer. Have you ever seen Jim Henson's Storyteller series. It was out when I was a kid and enjoyed that very much too. It is hard to find as well but I saw it on-line through something as well. I think your family would enjoy that series as well.

Elizabeth Dover said...

I didn't pay attention to what I wrote. Sorry that was alot of As wells. I need to run.

Brian Hansen said...

I went to California Adventure park on Tuesday with Cole, and we saw "Muppets 3D." The best part was that Sweetums came out by the audience to help find a missing bunny. Cole was thoroughly entertained (as was I).

Michael David Moore said...

Have a popover, froggie